Aikido Westchester NY: Members Home
New Location: 305 Central Ave Suite 2, White Plains, NY 10606
Subject to approvals from the city of White Plains, we expect to move the dojo on 5/30 & 5/31. Please let us know when you are able to help
As part of this move, we will target a more complete line of programs for self defense, health and wellness.
In addition to Aikido for adults and children as well as Mindful Life Weight Loss, we will be adding classes and some schedule changes. We will provide more details as the weekend of 5/30 approaches.
We will also convert to a non-profit structure. Going forward as of June 1, payments must be made to Integrated Peace Arts, a non-profit 501 (C) (3) company. While our lower cost dues are not tax deductible, for anyone with an urge to overpay, those contributions will be tax deductible to the extent of the law. Last year, we provided $4,000 in free classes for people whose finances were stretched. Contributions can be used to help support us as we continue such efforts.
There is plenty of free and convenient parking available at our new location. However, we will need to be mindful so as to avoid disturbing our neighbor, 7-Eleven. They are the ultimate convenience store and they are entitled to the convenient parking spaces towards the front of the lot, and usually the metered space right in front.
To keep the parking manageable, we will prioritize our parking as follows:
- Free metered spaces: for most of our classes, this will be the go to strategy. The meters are in operation from 9am – 6pm Mon – Sat. Most of our classes take place outside this range. There may be 15 – 20 spaces easily within walking distance and they are almost all always empty. Please use these for most classes. It simplifies the process for everyone.
- Parking lot: we are entitles to use the back of the parking lot on location. We should be able to squeeze 10 – 15 cars in there, although a few may be taken by other tenants from time to time. For the 5:30 children’s classes, the weekday 9am & lunch classes, and Saturday classes, this option may be preferred. However, we will have a plan to monitor the parking lot to be sure the front spaces for 7-Eleven are not taken. This is a condition for our using the space.
- Free street parking around the corner: mainly for seminars and rare occasions there is virtually unlimited free parking roughly 2-3 minutes walk from the dojo on the street behind us that parallels Central Ave.
New Member Introduction
For new members, welcome to our dojo. This is the portion of the web site that helps keep you up to date on training and dojo events.
We typically keep people up to date on schedule changes and other issues with an occasional email
Also, please check the following pages
for other information:
- Vimeo for Videos
- TAA Newsletters
- Dojo Aikido Blog & Newsletter
- Martial Arts Supplies
- Cross Training in Kung Fu or Tai Chi, Meditation or Yoga
- Test Criteria and Suburi Names
Upcoming Adult Exams
Mon Dec 8 at 6:15pm
- 3rd Kyu - Mike K
- 4th Kyu - Ozzie
- 5th Kyu - Marco
- 3rd kyu: Matthew (hybrid adult/children's criteria)
- 5.5 kyu blue 2: Cameron
- 6th kyu: blue 1: Ally
- 6.5 kyu blue: Kiran, Grayson
- 7th kyu orange 2: Allegra, Jake, Sam
- 7.5 kyu orange 1: Yanni
- 8th kyu orange: Griffin, Dakota, Daniel, Alex, Maya, Hannah, Henry, Russell
- 9th kyu yellow 2: Nathan R
- 10th kyu yellow: Aedan, Elan, Dev, Kalissa, Gabriel, Francis, Shannon, James, Mia